IC600 and Flash Shadow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MX-5Racer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an IC600 with housing and I love it 95% of the time. Can't beat it for the price. However, the flash will cast a shadow across the left of the photo. I have used an external strobe that will trigger from the IC600, but it is large and doesn't always fire. I would rather carry just the camera. I have read somewhere installing a diffuser may fix this, but there was no other instuctions on how to do this.
Do you have a fix or tip to correct this (other than use external strobe)?

Here are some samples. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 83
  • PICT0130a.jpg
    PICT0130a.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 79
Check your hand placement when holding the unit. Just slightly having your finger near the flash will cause dramatic negative effects. Many people do this without even realizing it.

I have the IC 12 and it has the same issue , this is due to the flash placement in reference to the Lens barrel of the case. The issue can be resolved by adding a flash diffuser( IC 600 / IC 12 Diffuser). I bought one and it worked for me . I hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom