ICE Diving Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive center we are using offers a Valet service of sorts. They charge a little fee to haul the ice hut out, and your gear and the chain saw. I need to check to see if they cut the hole, but i kind of get the feeling that is part of the course. I need to start reading up again, it's been a year since I looked at all that stuff.

Ron Brandt:
My standard statement to ice diving is...I'll teach it or dive as long a someone else cuts the hole.:)

Ron

Does that mean you're going to let me play with a real life chain saw? :eyebrow: :light: :D

ppo2_diver:
I've done ice diving classes in Haigh Quarry, Geneva Lake and a few local retention ponds in the Chicago area. I've run classes for fire departments at retention ponds they use for training. It really sucks that Haigh is only open one weekend during the winter for ice diving.

Hmm~~~ Only one week!!!!

I'm hoping to purchase a drysuit this fall. If my plans come to fruition, I am definitely interested. I really want to learn to ice dive. My reg is fine ... Aqua Lung Legend. I specifically purchased an environmentally sealed reg that is cold water ready for the winter and deep quarry/lake diving here in the Midwest. I just need the drysuit and some time to gain proficiency diving it and then I'll be ready to tackle the ice!

Divin'Hoosier:
I'm hoping to purchase a drysuit this fall. If my plans come to fruition, I am definitely interested. I really want to learn to ice dive. My reg is fine ... Aqua Lung Legend. I specifically purchased an environmentally sealed reg that is cold water ready for the winter and deep quarry/lake diving here in the Midwest. I just need the drysuit and some time to gain proficiency diving it and then I'll be ready to tackle the ice!

Come on, Jim... You can do the ice diving with a wet suit:D The water temp isn't changed that much all year around in Mid-West. If you can dive in BS right now, you will be fine with that. Make sure to bring the hot stove and water to pour into your wet suit :wink:

hoosier:
Come on, Jim... You can do the ice diving with a wet suit:D The water temp isn't changed that much all year around in Mid-West. If you can dive in BS right now, you will be fine with that. Make sure to bring the hot stove and water to pour into your wet suit :wink:

Fine, if you go first ..... :D

We'll talk. :)

Ron Brandt:
My standard statement to ice diving is...I'll teach it or dive as long a someone else cuts the hole.:)

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom