Ice diving at Whitestar Feb 2&3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrecNcaver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any one diving Whitestar quarry this weekend? Looks like it will be an ice dive.

Any one diving Whitestar quarry this weekend? Looks like it will be an ice dive.

Drop a PM to Rich at Diver Incorporated. He said that he will be open this weekend but said he doubts that there will be ice at least until the first of March.

Can you see the quarry? Is it iced over with the 40 degree weather and rain?

I can't imagine it's frozen over yet...

is it??

I can't imagine it's frozen over yet...

is it??

Last time I checked with Rich, there was ice. He is planning an Ice Diving Class for this weekend.

We will be there this weekend... it will be planned as an ice dive.. I have a couple of people who will be showing up to ice dive but it is iffy for ice. It was frozen on saturday but Today there was no ice on the quarry except the edges since the wind has been blowing out of control down there and opened it back up. I plan on taking a look at it on Friday morning and I will post the result here and on the white star website... I have a lot of people hoping for ice.

til then

Rich

I went to the quarry this morning and it was completely frozen over. It is still too thin to walk on but there are people who will be doing ice dives from the shore entrances and the ladder entrances. We will be down there to dive.

I put some picture from the quarry this morning on the website so you can see for yourself. The quarry will be open for ice diving this weekend but you MUST have an Ice Certification card or be participating in a course. Please make sure you have the card or we can't let you dive. We will need to check cards at the scuba concession and we will have you sign in there for the weekend.

We will have warm rooms, coffee, hot cocoa, free hotdogs and soup. We will be there from 10 -3 for diving.

I hope to see you.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom