Ice diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is so cool!
I've also wondered how much cold you feel on your face...

we are under the ice again this winter .......so maybe you can make another pic bob....lol

You know how when you have bad news to tell someone it sometimes helps to make it worse news?

"Mom, I'm pregnant and my baby daddy is your age."

"What???!!!"

"Actually, I'm really not pregnant. I got an "F" in math, but thought I'd put things into perspective for you."

You can always do a polar bear plunge before your first ice dive. :D

Wanted to ask ice divers whether you still feel icy cold when diving with proper undergarment and dry suits?

No. A dry drysuit and something like Weezle extreme+ or Santi 400x keeps you comfortable for 75 minutes easily. Problem is, like always, if you sweat your garments wet before dive. So do not wear your drysuit when cutting the hole or other preparations.

I had no cold issue with my dry suit on during my ice dive course. You also want a good hood...

Ice diving is one of the most adventurous types of diving out there but is a great way to try something completely different.
It is challenging, but with some preparation it can be the most beautiful activity.
Can't wait to do it.:wink::clearmask:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom