ICON HD - Really sensitive to ascents??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlanH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi !

I have an ICON HD (FW1.14) and I just wondered if other users had noticed how sensitive it is in ascent?

I only have to lift my arm up to dump air and it records a very fast ascent! I think nearly every dive has the maximum ascent at 18 to 25m / min even though all the ascents have been slow and controlled..

Do I have a faulty unit?? Or is this normal?

Hope to hear from some other users!

Alan

I own a Puck and have the same 'issue'. Yes, the algorithm is quite conservative, but the good news is that your computer is probably not faulty. You might wanna try and wear the computer on your other wrist. Helped me, cuz I don't make a lot of gestures with my other arm while diving.

Peter

Hi !

I have an ICON HD (FW1.14) and I just wondered if other users had noticed how sensitive it is in ascent?

I only have to lift my arm up to dump air and it records a very fast ascent! I think nearly every dive has the maximum ascent at 18 to 25m / min even though all the ascents have been slow and controlled..

Do I have a faulty unit?? Or is this normal?

Hope to hear from some other users!

Alan

i own an icon and i wear it during my classes (assisting instructors) i'm constantly chases students up and down. i havent noticed it being TOO conservative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom