IDC and DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Friday deals usually beat DEMA deals.....

I went to DEMA last year for the first time. We walked 23 miles in 3 days. It was fun to see all the new stuff...and all the Chinese knockoffs of the new stuff. Saturday lots of booths were selling the stuff but not at blazing discounts. OTS had some DEMA specials. Some booths had free beer or rum punch. The Navy Experimental Dive Unit was there and I tried not to be awestruck like a school girl at a Beegees concert (yea...I'm old)

It is Scuba Group Travel Meca. Lots of surprising affordable trips with a short booking time. We lined up Cuba for 32 over 2 weeks and worked on a Greece liveaboard for 2020.

I'm not a Vegas guy, but it was fun. If your shop will get you credentials, it's worth going just to see it. Wear comfortable shoes. A backpack is a good idea too although lots of booths have little backpacks with their stuff already in it.

Safe travels,
Jay

.... Anyone with experience with DEMA please let me know if it is a good show or one to be missed.

.. And you ask "to do what?" and that would be to know the manufacturers, to network with other dive professionals, and to stay up on the latest in diving by attending the seminars. seems reasonable to me

Toss me in the 3 decades of DEMA group too. The real value of DEMA is all the 'face to face' meeting of people and some of the most incredible offers, ideas and projects come directly from them. You'll never see what they tell you privately by looking at a website. If you want to save 50 bucks on a regulator by spending $250 on airfare, fine. But if you want to go to a huge industry social event and build relationships that mean you can pretty much pick up the phone and collaborate with industry leaders, then go to DEMA. Everyone learns something valuable.

P.S. You'll also meet alot of us that you read about on ScubaBoard too !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom