Ideal maximum number of days, dives in cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I’m trying to decide the number of days and dives I’ll do in Cozumel. It could be between 7-14 days and 20-40 dives. The most I’ve spent on Coz was about 6 days and the most days of consecutive diving I’ve ever done was about 5. At what point do you get bored and want a change of scenery? I know that on off days I’ll probably be spending the same money on other activities beyond just sitting by the beach or pool. Also is there anything interesting on the interior of the island? Zip lines?
I’ve seen Tikal Guatemala and Angkor Cambodia so small ruins , temples aren’t exciting. Thanks !

Bored? I think it takes 10 days to get in the groove. Business usually dictates I return before 2 weeks. For off day excursions, check out Adrian Cozumel. He has different activities. Adrian use to own Especias restaurant and the Harley shop.

I’m trying to decide the number of days and dives I’ll do in Cozumel. It could be between 7-14 days and 20-40 dives. The most I’ve spent on Coz was about 6 days and the most days of consecutive diving I’ve ever done was about 5. At what point do you get bored and want a change of scenery? I know that on off days I’ll probably be spending the same money on other activities beyond just sitting by the beach or pool. Also is there anything interesting on the interior of the island? Zip lines?
I’ve seen Tikal Guatemala and Angkor Cambodia so small ruins , temples aren’t exciting. Thanks !
I just got back from 14 days on the island. We did 10 2 tank days plus a night shore dive. I fished three days and we spent one on a leisurely excursion around to the wild side of the island. That was just about right for me.

I’ll probably be spending the same money on other activities beyond just sitting by the beach or pool. Also is there anything interesting on the interior of the island? Zip lines?

Doing other activities/seeing the sites probably won't be the same $$ as diving - it'll be cheaper unless you are doing an "adventure tour," such as a Jeep tour (especially if you ferry over to the mainland.)

Chankanaab Beach Park has ziplines which are extra to the fee to get into the park. Things I figure to look into when I'm there in Nov/Dec are the Tequila Tour, The Mayan Bee Sanctuary, San Gervasio Archaeological Site, the Cozumel Museum, and either Chankanaab or Punta Sur Eco Beach Park. A paid tour would probably hit most of these things in a day. Also plan to do the Pirate Ship dinner cruise - had a blast a few years ago when we did it.

I'm with @ggunn . In 14 days, I'll be happy with 10 x 2 tank dives and a night dive but I am staying at 2 different hotels with dive shops onsite - so maybe an extra dive or 2.

I've done several 14 & 15 day trips with 2 to 3 dives a day & a few night dives thrown in (not enough night dives for me generally), and I don't think it's enough diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom