Ideal Stage reg hose length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sidemount and CCR 44 inch works better.

I went w/ the 5'... A little more to tuck, but more options if I wanna share a bottle...

I stage a little differently than some here. For the traditional stage bottle configuration, 40 inch works great. For sidemounting 2 stage bottles on top, I use a shorter hose on my right bottle.
I've started playing with stages with sidemount and prefer top mounting.

What length hose are you using on the right side?

I went w/ the 5'... A little more to tuck, but more options if I wanna share a bottle...
Just curious. Under what situations would you share a stage with a 5' hose rather than hand it off?

Just curious. Under what situations would you share a stage with a 5' hose rather than hand it off?

I should probably clarify; I'm equating stage to bailout... The 5' length for initial donation so we're not crammed up on each other... Then if need be, I give them the bottle.

I've started playing with stages with sidemount and prefer top mounting.

What length hose are you using on the right side?

26 inch, but they work better with a 90 or swivel.

I should probably clarify; I'm equating stage to bailout... The 5' length for initial donation so we're not crammed up on each other... Then if need be, I give them the bottle.
Ok, that makes sense, both intially and after it gets sorted out a bit.

26 inch, but they work better with a 90 or swivel.
I have some 26's and 29's in the closet. Maybe I'll try them both, with an without swivel, but to be honest I am really hesitant to move away from a standard stage reg configuration.

You'll find that a standard length on the right side bottle doesn't work well at all. You either need a hose to be the correct length or long enough to keep some bungeed on the tank. 40 inches just hangs all over the place. But itls only an issue for 2-stage dives.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom