ideas for pool fun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tbone1004
@Sam Miller III and then most of those skills were incorporated into various instructor level skill requirements.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is your comment a statement or a question ? I assume a comment since there is a period.

This It is a unknown honor since I collected and also personally developed those exercises listed and a number of other long forgotten exercises in the early 1960s- almost 60 years ago-

I prosed the exercises as a standard component or perhaps ancillary component of the basic LA Co program along with another proposal for "Diver/instructor classification" in 1964.
For the proposal I received the first LA CO award "Outstanding Contributions to Underwater Instruction" in 1964

The exercises were accepted the diver /instructor classification was rejected by LA Co. It migrated to NAUI via the then NAUI president and NAUI also rejected it. It migrated to PADI form NAUI via a NAUI Instructor who was hired to create programs for PADI where it remained dormant to 1980s-- now the world is full of classified divers -

Now you know a little history of how exercises developed and a wee bit about the person who developed them

SDM

@Sam Miller III statement really, though a lot of them have been removed in the last couple of years.
for my instructor skills with naui we had to do basically all of the skills you mentioned though without the kelp. We still require the 0 viz dive and equipment recovery in our basic course *not a NAUI requirement, but our requirements*

Depending on age group … underwater Quidditch

During my Divemaster course my regular dive buddy and I had to demonstrate the ditch and don technique to OW students. After we did it the instructor would take the students outside while we threw all of their gear into the pool. It was hilarious watching them grab a mask and try to find their own gear. If they surfaced wearing any gear belonging to another diver they had to go back underwater and solve the problem. I think it was only fun for those of us on the surface.

I hide spare weights around the pool for students to find and bring to another location in the shallow end of the pool. It gives them a chance to see how picking up and dropping weight can affect their buoyancy, so need to compensate by adding or subtracting air from their bcd.

Underwater egg and spoon race using ping-pong balls …

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom