If it weren't for bad luck...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, it looks as if I won't be making it to Portage this year. I fell on June 21 and tore up my right knee. I had surgery on July 7 and now my leg is immobilized until the first of September. No diving for me this summer, dang it!

I am sorry to hear that.

I hope you get better quickly.

Sorry to here that...I am still debating on Portage....I want to come but the long drive is not something I look forward to.

My doctor says I might be able to get back in the water mid to late September to get in a few dives before cold weather. I'll have to take it easy and my Jet Fins will be to much. Anybody have any suggestions on some cheap, open heel fins that won't overstress my knee?

Churchill fins are still made. Not too much power, but these were used a lot in the old days. 'Really sorry to hear about the knee problem. 'Glad it was able to be fixed.

SeaRat

It's just a bump in the road.
I am still diving after two total knee replacements.
Rock on.

My doctor says I might be able to get back in the water mid to late September to get in a few dives before cold weather. I'll have to take it easy and my Jet Fins will be to much. Anybody have any suggestions on some cheap, open heel fins that won't overstress my knee?

I can't believe I'm going to type this, much less think it, but have you tried a pair of split fins..I can't vouch for them cause I've never used them, but I hear they a easier on the joints and help with cramping. I'm thinking it might be an option for you while you're healing.

Good luck, you'll be back before you know it!

Lisa

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom