If its winter in SoCal, that phone ringing must be a cancelled boat dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
Ken... I'm beginning to believe we need to move further south, at least for the winter. A tropical island with great shore diving sounds just awesome right about now. Wonder how it is to live on Bonaire for a few months? Doubt I will dive tomorrow but hope to get a few in Sunday if the forecast holds.

I saw a nice island off the coast of Brazil for sale a few months back on ebay, it was only $1,000,000 but hey, it's sunny :wink:

Ann Marie:
Ken,
I feel your pain. Right now the friggen pool is looking good!

I get it. I mean, dive shops don't cancel for no good reason. I feel their pain, too.

Arnaud said: Ken, suit up and hop in the tub.

I'm all, yeah. I'll turn on the jacuzzi in the tub and it will be just like Malibu last Saturday....

I'm booked for Avalon on Sunday. 8:30 Qmary - back on the sixer same night. Hopefully I'll see some of you there!

---
Ken

Hey Ken... I was up at the house editing Belize footage most of the day so I wasn't aware of what was going on in the Channel. Apparently the Catalina Express turned back or cancelled a number of their trips this afternoon and evening. It was like a ghost town in Avalon tonight so I'm back up to edit more footage (the last of this phase).

Hope to be diving Sunday if the weather topside is half decent. See you there.

Dr. Bill

Okay, if it's gonna be a crummy weekend for diving, I'm gonna fly to Las Vegas this morning. See you guys on Monday. :D

No fighting while I'm gone.....

mccabejc:
Okay, if it's gonna be a crummy weekend for diving, I'm gonna fly to Las Vegas this morning. See you guys on Monday. :D

No fighting while I'm gone.....
Have fun! I hope you win big, so that you can take 200 of your closest dive buddies somewhere really cool! :D

Christian

Hey DrB - how are things looking? I'm still scheduled to come over Sunday, but only if its pretty clean. Whatta you think?

Ken

I walked down to the park today. It was quickly obvious that things weren't going well. There were five divers, two just out and three going in. The current must have been ripping because the north end line of the park was deflected in a deep u-shape. I could barely see the bottom in the shallows.. evidence of sediment in the waters. The two divers who had just gotten out (one SB'er) said vis might have been 15-20 ft. There also was an incoming swell that didn't look too promising.

I think I'll stay at home and finish the editing!

Dr. Bill

drbill:
I walked down to the park today. It was quickly obvious that things weren't going well. There were five divers, two just out and three going in. The current must have been ripping because the north end line of the park was deflected in a deep u-shape. I could barely see the bottom in the shallows.. evidence of sediment in the waters. The two divers who had just gotten out (one SB'er) said vis might have been 15-20 ft. There also was an incoming swell that didn't look too promising.

I think I'll stay at home and finish the editing!

Dr. Bill

I'll stay home with Jaye tomorrow. Thanks for the update.

I was going to get that last spot on the Great Escape, but the whole insta-buddy thing really doesn't appeal to me much right now.

Man - I even trimmed my back up neck seal, so I have one that actually fits, charged up the light and everything...! Oh well - Arnaud and I will do a couple night dives in Malibu this week - so I'll get my saltwater fix then.

Appreciate the tip. I'll be out in a couple of weeks when I get back into town next.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I'll stay home with Jaye tomorrow. Thanks for the update.

I was going to get that last spot on the Great Escape, but the whole insta-buddy thing really doesn't appeal to me much right now.

Man - I even trimmed my back up neck seal, so I have one that actually fits, charged up the light and everything...! Oh well - Arnaud and I will do a couple night dives in Malibu this week - so I'll get my saltwater fix then.

Appreciate the tip. I'll be out in a couple of weeks when I get back into town next.

---
Ken

You have no idea how relieved I am! I sooo wanted to go with you, but have way too much that I need to do t home! How about on Monday, Feb 21st? I might be able to do a night dive this week, too!

L

scubalaurel:
You have no idea how relieved I am! I sooo wanted to go with you, but have way too much that I need to do t home! How about on Monday, Feb 21st? I might be able to do a night dive this week, too!

L

Thanks for your message.

I'm going out of town on business this Sat (2/19) and won't be back until Friday 2/25. So I need to get wet this week, and have it hold over for a week....

Maybe we'll hook up mid-week for a nighter.

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom