If money were not an issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dandrian:
With the diving you described, my hands down choice would be the Atomic T2. Rated the best breathing regulator ever along with about everything else about it. I have had the opportunity to dive with one and it is soooo light you almost forget that it is in your mouth.

I would agree on an Atomic regulator but would not suggest the T2 unless he plans to buy both a B2 and a T2 or two T2 regulators.

Remember he said he wanted to do Nitrox diving. Atomic is adamant that you must decide at the time of purchase whether you want to use the T2 for air or NITROX and dedicate dedicate it solely for that use.

I went with the B2 for that reason. I did not want to buy two regulators.
Also, the only difference between the B2 and the T2 is first stage is made of Titanium and is 8 ounces lighter. The second stage is identical between the B2 and T2.
The only other difference is that the hose swivel on the T2 is Titanium.

Buying a second regulator for the sake of 8 ounces seems to make no sense at all. The difference of 8 ounces is not going to make any difference in my dive bag and certainly will not be noticed under water.

The T2 can be used for nitrox AND air, as long as the nitrox is 40% or less. Titanium does not like higher pressures of O2. Even with money not being an object I dont think I would buy the T2. The only reason I can see to buy it is if I do alot of traveling because its so light weight. Other than that is just seems to scream "look how much money I have to blow!"

ok my picks...I already have an MK25/S600, I would like an Atomic, maybe B2 probably the M series. Would also like to try the DS4/tx50 setup....

All those choices are all pretty expensive for nothing. yes they are good regs.

Why buy the prosche when the honda makes the job the same way?

You'll dive mostly Recreative and nitrox.
And you are in Idaho wich means water isnt as cold as it is up here in uppercanada.

Buy a recreational regulator with many features. Example: the S600 with Mk25 is a good choice.

Personally I bought an Apeks XTX200 but is because water temp here in summer, at some nice dive sites, are around 5 celsius.

But you, you can dive with whatever reg you want.

Id take a nice Zeagle, Oceanic, Apeks, Anything but not the lowest range .

try buying a mid-range reg if you dont care about money.

T2 and be the envy of everyone aboard.

I have some Apeks TX40's with DS4 first stages and wouldn't want anything different, no matter how much money I had.

Well, I might like an ATX as a backup since it's a bit smaller.

carldarl:
If money were not an issue, what reg would you recommend and why? Here are the conditions...

Water temps ranging from low/mid 40's to mid 80's.

Recreational diver averaging 30-50 dives per year.

Straight air with possible nitrox in the future.

Just cureous as to what others think.
When I bought my reg money wasn't an issue. I purchased the Zeagle DSIV (now called the DSV) with ZX second stage and ZX Octo.

Why? I did a ton of research on the regs available on the market at the time. My diving conditions are similar to what you are listing, although it can get a bit colder here.

The reg is environmentally sealed and the ZX has a heat sync, both of which are important in cold water.

Zeagle has an excellent warranty as well.

jonnythan:
I have some Apeks TX40's with DS4 first stages and wouldn't want anything different, no matter how much money I had.

Well, I might like an ATX as a backup since it's a bit smaller.

+2 to anything from the higher end apeks line.

if you like expensive just becuase it's expensive buy something from Atomics.

love the "envy" post above. never thought that when I saw someone with atomics gear. but rather saw someone with more money then brains :D

carldarl:
If money were not an issue, what reg would you recommend and why? Here are the conditions...

Water temps ranging from low/mid 40's to mid 80's.

Recreational diver averaging 30-50 dives per year.

Straight air with possible nitrox in the future.

Just cureous as to what others think.

Money wasn't an issue. I own 5 regulators and they're all Aqualungs.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom