If the world ran out of helium...

If the world ran out of helium, how deep would you dive?

• 100ft

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 130ft

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • 180ft

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • 300ft on air, I'm a dumb***

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.:
I'd go with Methane Gas. Always available and I've always had some in reserve. Delivery is simple. Crack the valve a little for that slow gentle release or go wide open for the most rapid delivery.

They say it's hard to transport but I haven't had a problem taking it every where I go. It's never mistaken for say O2 or Helium because of its distinctive charictorics.

It can be stored in the original Mfg container, wet or dry suits, mini subs, planes, trains or automobiles. If there happens to be an accidental release people in the area would be warned by the alarm horn sounding. Many different tones are available should one be hard of hearing.

Great gas. :D
Gary D.

That is too funny:rofl3:

BTW Helium is the second most prevalent element in the universe after hydrogen.
If we get to run low on it we could fuse hydrogen and make helium, with a nice bonus of extra electricity to run our cars. :D

I dive to 180-200 feet on air somewhat routinely. 200 feet is my "basement" on air. Tri-mix is too expensive for me to use out here.

Originally posted in about 70% of the replies in this thread

Gotta love when people completely ignore the point of an assumption made to allow a comparison and rather hammer on its inaccuracy, leaving the comparison to flounder.

Back
Top Bottom