If you could choose from Alor, Lembeh (or Palawan Philippines) where would you go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you could help that would be great. I am diving with two others both with around 20 dives. Prefer the coral/ schools of fish/ big game (rays) if possible (less so muck diving) along with a nice resort. Dates December 18-29th. We went to Sorido Bay Raja Ampat 3 years ago which was amazing. Something similar the Indonesia/ Philippines would be ideal. Have always heard great things about Palawan.
@NHalzee check out komodo resort, it's certainly not inexpensive but has a great location, and checks your boxes of coral/schools of fish/big game rays. If it's price point is too high then my go to resort in komodo is scuba junkies. Komodo is much easier to get to than alor, and it can i have had really good manta ecounters there.

check out komodo resort, it's certainly not inexpensive but has a great location, and checks your boxes of coral/schools of fish/big game rays. If it's price point is too high then my go to resort in komodo is scuba junkies. Komodo is much easier to get to than alor, and it can i have had really good manta ecounters there.
North Komodo (that's where Komodo resort is located) end of december... mmmh.... dunno about that.

If you could help that would be great. I am diving with two others both with around 20 dives. Prefer the coral/ schools of fish/ big game (rays) if possible (less so muck diving) along with a nice resort. Dates December 18-29th. We went to Sorido Bay Raja Ampat 3 years ago which was amazing. Something similar the Indonesia/ Philippines would be ideal. Have always heard great things about Palawan.
Curious if you received my message on recommendations.

Alor! No doubt but December might be a bit late as many resorts are closed or soon closing for the dive season. Just got back diving in Alor last month of October. Superb viz, healthy coral and marine life. daily encounter with 10-20 resident dolphins. Also saw super pod of 100s of pilot whales twice and Mola Mola near the surface while going back for lunch after morning dives. I also saw Marlin during a dive at Bama. So many unexpected encounter can be experienced in Alor. Some saw blue whale a few days before I arrived. Macro is pretty good with rhinopia, frog fish, nudis and many ghost pipefish in the bay. But I am told by my DM that it is still not good when I am there.

Well, I assume by now that the original poster has decided where they are going. But I was in Alor this time last year (second time) and booked up for June 2024. I love Alami Alor. I've been to PNG and want to go again, but I can't even figure out how to get a visa from the government's website. So, the diving is fantastic but it's harder to get to than even Alor.

Been to Alami Alor 6 times now diving…Max and Lauren have a great set up and dive guys ( NIKO ) are great..Sadly the owners are not often there now and the new manager lost good clients last time we visited. but many snorkelers now visit..its not east to get there often two more flights from Bali …but worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom