If You Dive from Your Own Boat . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stone

Contributor
Reaction score
We live in Valparaiso, FL and dive out of Destin,
. . . or dive with someone who has a boat that is nicely outfitted for diving . . .

Tomorrow I will be buying a 1984 Chris Craft Pocket Cruiser. She's 25' 4" and 9' 9" on the beam. She's old, but only has 40 hours on a new (not rebuilt) engine (5.7L Mercruiser inboard). There's a dive platform on the stern, and LORAN and GPS integrated with the Fish (read that "wreck and reef") Finder. It has an enclosed head, fresh water shower, and a good-sized cabin to get out of the elements. It also has a really nice custom hard top. Until I can install the tank racks, the dinette table will be removed and the tanks will be stowed between bench seats.

I would say "Ya-Hoo", but I've owned (ski) boats before and know better. Right now I'll just focus on being able to dive when and where I want to. . . No more students (not that there's anything wrong with that) and no more Oh-dark-30 departures (unless I just can't sleep).

Any and all suggestions for outfitting her as a dive boat will be appreciated.

Have a blond headed slightly overweight Texas Divemaster help you break it in, and check it for diving compatability.

As I happen to fill the requirements (unfortunately on part of it) you should let me know what weekend to report, for testing.

:arrrgh: Dave

When I had my boat I found it very useful to have deck lighting - I installed these low wattage orange lights at about three foot intervals under the gunnels, which bathed the deck in a glow bright enough to see but not bright enough to interfere with night driving vision. Saved a lot of toes, I'll wager.
Rick

You do know what BOAT stands for don't you???

Bust Out Another Thousand :D

Good Luck and enjoy it!!!

Originally posted by Stone
[BTomorrow I will be buying a 1984 Chris Craft Pocket Cruiser. [/B]
Congratulations (or condolences) Stone....
May you have many safe and enjoyable dives....
Please post a picture when you get one...

Really happy for you.
That is a future dream of mine.

Back
Top Bottom