If You Dive from Your Own Boat . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stone:
I hope you'll come by Wreckmania so us Wreckmaniacs can see it.
How many did you say can comfortably dive from her?
Also, what's her name? " Rolling Stone?" :)

May you have all save trips and tons of fun.
Enjoy!

:gorgeous:

Natasha,

We're going to name her "MAGnificent Relief." Since that's my wife's business name, I can claim the paint job as a business advertising expense.:)

I think 6 divers would be comfortable enough. Only four will be gearing up at a time in order to keep a buddy team on board at all times.

I don't have a trailer (or a truck), so I would have to leave now to get to Wreckmania on time.

Originally posted by Stone
Any idea how well the plastic ones with fold-down brackets hold up?
A friend gave me some of the non-folding ones and I attached a strip of piano hinge to the back of one and fastened it into the back of my pickup for the argon bottle.... it works great... and folds down out of the way... I can only think that the folding ones would work at least as good.

That said... we have made the tank racks for several boats out of wood or HMWP and used bungees with great success. We cut the "tank holder" so that it does not stick out very far with shallow scallops for the tanks and holes for the bungee hooks. On one tank holder I used 2" wide velcro straps... these worked very well.

On our present boat we just lean the tanks up against the gunnel and hook a bungee around the valve handle... works great for the doubles but is a little iffy for the singles.

Back to the radar for a minute.... does the JRC have continuous backlighting for the LCD for night use?

And I do miss her...
Tank racks - I cut tank indents out of treated 2X4 and mounted eye-bolts & bungees - no sharp corners anywhere whether occupied by tanks or not. The plastic fold down type appear to me to break easily, or break down in the sunlight - and they have sharp edges when folded down.
Rick

Originally posted by Stone

They don't mention backlighting for either of the JRC LCD Models (JRC R 1000, JRC R 1500)
I can't imagine that they don't but it would be nice to know what level(s) check with westmarine... they carry them.

Nice Pictures. Nice dive platform. If you leave now, Wreckmania is in 114 more days. You can make it! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom