If you were to have a new place to dive and frequent often..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
What I am thinking about is voiced in serveral other threads but thought I would bring it closer together by opening this up for discussion.

not really in the line of money no object but as it would be nice if there was a place that you as a diver could drive a few minutes to and hang out? There are places like the Athens Scuba park and Seabase but wouldn't it be nice if there were a place in your city that you could go to and hang with other divers that held a really large "test tank" and not having some sales person saying "that is the one for you". Place that had a video screen underwater so though you might not beable to afford a Cozumel trip but could dive the video?

let me hear what you think?

I'd be there. especially if they have a season pass. and its got cool stuff in there. and its deep enough to make sense. and if i could do some training in there. and if there is a beach. and while i am at it, hot diver chicks =-)

brandon

Umm, it sounds good, but if there's no one there selling gear, how do you get the gear to test in it, and how would the place pay for itself? Also, I'd be more interested in a video camera than a video screen, so I could view tapes of myself underwater and figure out what I need to adjust to improve. Maybe as a scuba club and academy...you pay for instruction and video services, but they don't sell gear...but then again, where do you get the gear if you want to try something before you buy it?

Overall, it'd be a great thing to have in town, but I bet it would cost too much for me to use:(

otter-cat:)

I would be there all the time !!!!!!

I am thinking it as a social diving club serving drinks, coffees etc, have music, diving videos etc etc and many special nights with lectures, discussions, slides etc...

There are so many things that can be done !!!

Manogr

Drinks? :confused:

You guys obviously don't dive around North Carolina. You'd have to expressly forbid alcohol so that people don't come in drunk.

On the other hand, the only think better than a swim up bar is a dive up bar.

brandon

I am getting ready to move to Sweetwater, TN, which is about 40 minutes from my current residence...
Within 10 minutes of where I will be living are two big rock quarries...both of which I dive at often.
One has tank fills, lunch, rental gear, a hot tub and pool, camping etc. The other is a hole in the middle of a cow field. :D

I am the luckiest guy I know!!! :eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom