If you were to make a intro to Scuba video.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
What things would you include?? I was at a neighborhood get together and was telling a few people about scuba but wish there was a video or something, in this instance my Neighbor who makes a portable DVD video TV trailer, with very quite generator, was showing movies and I could have just slipped that video in and hoped my LDS gave me a commision :)

When you talk with people about learning to scuba what things do you say? what would you show them if you had a video?

thanks

Think of it as selling Scuba Diving. What would you show to make people 'hot' for scuba diving?

First of all show the underwater realm. A colorful coral reef with divers.

Second, show diving is safe! Show some divers performing some safety excercises or so (breathing on the octopus or so).

Third show the stages you have to follow during learning diving.

Show what you like to show.

Have a look at those PADI video's. Their video's sell Scuba Diving to the extreme (to much, to many happy people, yuk!). But anyway, it might give you some ideas.

Bye

Jorgen

Brothers & Sisters of The Underwater Realm,
Fishkiller,

There are a lot of routes to diving...

Imagine what would draw you to diving. Is diving ONLY Scuba? Or is it: snorkling, hooka, dive trips, dive shops, diver's flags' wet suits, swim fins, James Bond, scenes in a movie, entries, navigation, dual rigs, treasure hunting, lobster diving, reef exploration, warm water - cold water, immersion, Sea-Lab, Navy SEALs, Jacques Y. Cousteau, name brands, preparatory planning, decompression tables, charging cylinders, varieties of modern equipment, (and the history of how it got here)? Or is it: Unique personal experience, mystique, discovery, pleasure or commitment?

Is it one full-length venture or can you break it down to particular segments of a professional approach training program?

Do you show the "old" methods of the hard hat, bells, and bathyscaphs. Or do you relate it to the "freedom" of drift diving and excitement to be found anywhere in the world be it a local lake in North Dakota or the shores of Zanzibar?

Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi

I would have to agree with PADI going to the extreme, the problem I have with the "this is diving video" that I re watched after having my memory jared, thanks SJ, That is a glorified commercial for you can only have fun in PADI, and maybe because I am a little biased about PADI is a good organization but not all PADI instructors should be teaching, that I was thinking of a neutral agency video.

I would love to have a video of me diving :) a video that addressed the concerns that most have like how does breathing underwater works how you will not drown that many things are possible to do underwater and most importantly the freedom tha being under water offers.. When talking I relate my being underwater akin to a spritiual expericence, how would you show that in a video or even a snapshot????

Back
Top Bottom