Ikelite housing not firing strobes on Nikon D7000 - camera popping up internal flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have an Ikelite housing for my D7000 and what's happening is my camera is not recognizing that there's an external strobe - it keeps popping up the internal flash. I tested the camera with an external flash and it works fine so I don't think its the camera. I have no idea what to do next (other than contacting Ikelite which I have).

Any ideas?

Darryl

Nikon SLRs ignore if you have the hot shoe flash connected if you put the camera in AUTO mode and then tap the shutter :( It will pop the built in flash up and then you're out of luck until you open the housing and push it back down.

Recommendation is don't ever put your camera in AUTO shooting mode and use M, or even A or S mode and yo should be good to go :)

David Haas
www.haasimages.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom