Ikelite Rocks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On our recent trip to Utila I managed to flood my Ikelite Autoflash AF35 strobe. I boxed it up and sent it to Ikelite to see if it was repairable. Today I received a package via UPS and Ikelite sent me a brand new Autoflash AF35 strobe! I didn't even have the original receipt, just the original packaging and I told them when and where I purchased it. Is that awesome customer service or what? Thanks Ikelite!!!

hey besides the flooding issue how well does the AF35 strobe work because i was thinking about getting it for my Canon. I have read pretty good reviews of it.

hey besides the flooding issue how well does the AF35 strobe work because i was thinking about getting it for my Canon. I have read pretty good reviews of it.

I've been pleased with it, though I had to do a lot of trial and error to figure out what settings to use on both my new Canon S90 and the strobe. Here's a few pictures from our recent trip to Utila, prior to the strobe flooding.

mid_90-D093DE3B874947A8812DEDF515566B0F.jpg

mid_90-2DF532E6517F4153B8E397B991813ADE.jpg

mid_90-D35309BE477F4BB481B0C2D56BD16B5E.jpg

Last edited:
Ikelite is first class in our book, one of the primary reasons we chose to be a dealer for them. Glad you had such a great experience. Customer service is key!

I echo the satisfaction that others like me have experienced with Ikelite products and service.

awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. I think the testimony above has made up my mind that i will get the AF-35 auto strobe for my canon power shot. thanks for the info.

One of the things I noticed on my Ikelite was it was firing almost constantly. Had to turn it off when not in use. What am I missing here?

In my experience, a strobe constantly firing is due to a faulty sync cord. Contact Ikelite and discuss the problem with them. In the past, the Ikelite company replaces the whole cord at half of the MSRP rather than repairing it, every time I send a faulty one to them.

AF35 is optically fired by the camera's flash. No Sync Cords. It is probably picking up stray flashes of light from other divers' strobes and is being triggered by the stray flashes. If it is a bright sunny day, the wave action might be triggering it as well.

Other optically fired strobes use fiber optic cables/cords to more precisely control the slave properties of the strobes.

Am not sure if fiber optic cable is available for AF35.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom