Ikelite Service Support - Is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow divers,

As some of you already know I am trying to get a housing for my Canon EOS350D. At this moment I am leaning towards the Ikelite system. Actually, I just didnt buy it yet because the 8"Dome port seems not to be available for sale at this moment.

While I was trying to understand what is happening with the 8"Dome port, I have sent an email to Ikelite to see when could I expect to be able to buy it. I also tried Ikelite through Scubaboard (it seems Ikelite is also a member ober here).

Suprisingly, I got no answer from Ikelite. I was told by some people that the Ikelite Customer Service is not the best. Some other people told me they were quite good.

For now, my experience is not starting the best way with them. Do you guys have any experience with their service support? Should I start thinking about getting another brand for my housing since I will be buying the housing in the Netherlands but moving to Portugal in 8 months?

Regards

Hi Alcina, thanks for your email.

I guess I will give a second try and contact them.

alcina:
That is incredibly strange. Ike's service and support is second to none.

I would suspect a glitch in the system and would try emailing him again....

I find that strange as well, Ike has a very good reputation for great customer service. Same thing happened to Zeagle a couple of years ago, turned out they had an email problem and were unaware of it.

I have a housing from Ikelite for my Nikon Coolpix 5000. I have had a couple of problems with it, but they have responded in short order. They even replaced a hot shoe cable for the stobe at no charge since they said that they were using a better one now (mine broke a wire). Give them another try. Their prices are a bit high, but I have found their service to be first rate.

DSDO

Ike's always been good to me. I recently had a problem with my dual sync cable, sent it back and they replaced it for me n/c. I even pleaded with them to send it USPS (as I avoid trans-border shipping with UPS like the plague because of their exorbant brokerage fees) and they accomodated me no problem. They responded to all me emails as well. I would call them direct if you are still having problems getting a hold of them.

Personally I think you will have hard time finding a company with better customer service than Ikelite, especially for underwater related items.

That said, sometimes email contact can be a little slow especially if it is just a regular enquiry. However, everytime I sent email to Ikelite, I always get a reply, may be not always be within 24-48 hours but I usually will always get something back.
Ikelite do tends to get a little behind their schedule so sometimes it might be hard for them to reply exactly to the 'when' question.

Please don't use private messages. I did not even know they existed on this board. Use <ike@ikelite.com> or <ikelite@ikelite.com>

I have sent a message to one of those email addresses also. I will send it again.

Thanks.

Regards

ike:
Please don't use private messages. I did not even know they existed on this board. Use <ike@ikelite.com> or <ikelite@ikelite.com>

Ike has been good to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom