I'll take Ocho Rios over Negril

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

editmojo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just spent 10 days in Ocho Rios diving at Couples Tower Isle. I preferred it to Negril which I dove in 2008. I like structures and Ocho had lots of canyons, small walls and swim thoughts. Kathileen, a nice little wreck was close by in about 50ft of water. Negril was fairly flat.

The bad news is it was just as over-fished as I remember Negril being. Reefs were pretty beat up and only a few small fish visible most of the time.

The deeper reefs seemed to be in better shape. Saw Lion fish just about every dive but the locals seem to like the new protein source. Saw A few Hawks bills, 8ft nurse shark and a very old barracuda named Snaggletooth. Temp was 84 F every dive with vis 40-60+ ft.

So don't discount Ocho Rios if you're in Jamaica.

Hmmm... my niece plans to get married in Ocho Rios next May. Assuming all goes well, I plan to attend and get in some diving. Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom