I'm a dry suit convert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're right. One more thing. A drysuit isn't a perfect device but many people expect them to be. They take quite a bit of maintenance and paying attention to.

There will be days when you just can't get a seal to keep water out no matter what you try. The next day it works fine. There are times when you move your head a particular way and water rushes down your back. The next time, it doesn't happen. There are a lot of variables when diving "dry" so just keep that in mind. Do what you can to minimize the the potential issues.. and remember it's not perfect but a decent balance of many trade-offs.

Thanks, Randy. Jim's got me feeling pretty comfortable with the maintenance requirements -- I've found out that they are doable by mere mortals, and I am one, so I am infinitely qualified. :D It's nice to know that if there's a bad suit day, it won't necessarily lead to another bad suit day. Hopefully. :)

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

YOU HAVE MY SUIT???

We are Borg. You will be assimilated. :D:D

I have to say that I enjoy my drysuit for the extended range and reduced fatigue after a cold water dive. I also have to say that for me nothing beats the simplicity of a wetsuit when it is thermally adequate. For me it's all about the right suit for the right dive. Obviously if one chills easy even in a good wetsuit the balance tips in favor of being dry more of the time.

Pete

Looking to be in one by October this year. Probably DUI, but man I hate to drive all the way up there just to get Jim to show me how.. :) But i'm sure it would be great.

I know Seahorse81 would have been happier taking rescue dry.:wink:

Boy, is that the truth!! But the weekend of the rescue course was super good times compared to what happened when I took the solo course in early September. I got the shakes so bad (twice) that it took over half an hour in a heated truck each time, just to stop shivering. I had to cut the last dive really short just to survive the day. I'm really looking forward to NOT doing that again. :cool2:

I got the HOG drysuit a few months back and I like it a lot. It makes boat dives so much more enjoyable when you are warm the entire trip. I imagine I will probably only dive wet on warm water vacations.

I am looking hard at dry suit diving.Tomarro i am trying a dui450. I well see I am also trying a aqlung smi dry flex. Do have any supert on smi dry I am in Tucoma WA now not Fl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom