I'm back - sort of!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
A private message waiting for me in my e-mail made me realize I hadn't been on SB in forever....

A new job at the same bank made it hard for me to get on from work; and then I finally had my surgery in August (see thread here) !

I haven't really been a person anyone wants to be around since then :) The surgery was a success (I'm straight, and an inch and a half taller!); but I'm not healing fast enough to make myself happy. The doctor is very pleased, but I'm impatient - I guess not working isn't for me. My mind isn't processing that 22 screws, 2 titanium rods and 11 fused vertebrae should be slowing me down.

I guess I'll go dive in my mind now and catch up on everyones posts. Still on course to dive August 2006!

cowprintrabbit:
A private message waiting for me in my e-mail made me realize I hadn't been on SB in forever....

A new job at the same bank made it hard for me to get on from work; and then I finally had my surgery in August (see thread here) !

I haven't really been a person anyone wants to be around since then :) The surgery was a success (I'm straight, and an inch and a half taller!); but I'm not healing fast enough to make myself happy. The doctor is very pleased, but I'm impatient - I guess not working isn't for me. My mind isn't processing that 22 screws, 2 titanium rods and 11 fused vertebrae should be slowing me down.

I guess I'll go dive in my mind now and catch up on everyones posts. Still on course to dive August 2006!
Welcome back Christine ... hope you have a speedy recovery.

When the time comes, don't skimp on the physical therapy. It's hard work, but makes the recovery process much more effective ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hi Christine (cowprintrabbit), and welcome back, (no pun intended). That sounds like some pretty serious reconstruction you are going through, may you get better soon. Good luck on your Aug 06 dive! Where to?
David

Not sure yet, but we're thinking Bahamas or Maui (it depends if we go alone or with friends)

Personally, I'm hoping for alone - that means Sandals Grand Bahama, and two included dives a day!

OK, I realize this is not a big deal for most folk, but I can now put on my socks unassisted! I can also cook simple dinners again - DH is very happy...

I went grocery shopping for the first time Friday, completely wore myself out, and had to carry the bags in one at a time (12 of them, and our kitchen is one flight of stairs up); but darn it felt good! Safeway.com's limited selection was wearing on me...

I have an appointment Tuesday to see when I go back to work part-time; I don't think I'm ready yet, but who would? :) He's also going to tell me when I can start PT; that I AM ready for!

Anyone wanna see a picture of my scar? In a bathing suit; this is a family board!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom