I'm finally certified! Yay!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations! That's super awesome. I'd like to add that I'm very jealous of you for having 90+ degree water available to you year round. I'm stuck out here in New England where we count ourselves very lucky if the ocean ever warms up to 60 degrees. :errrr: It sounds like you did a fantastic job on your cert dives. It's only gonna get better from here on. Reading your post about the breaking mask strap made me think about mine. I've had my mask for over a year now and was wondering what kind of shape the strap is in when I was on my way in this morning. I think it's probably time for me to buy a spare.

Kristopher

Congratulations!:balloons: That sounds like an awesome place to do dives. My open water dives were last august in a fresh water spring that was 68 degrees. Sounds like you did great, enjoy your diving!:D

Greetings AquaticLife congratulations on your certification and sharing your story.
I love the part of 90º water and diving a crater!
That sounds cooler than crap! I would love to dive there just for the experience!
What an environment to be certified in! Kudos to you!

Keep building your dive experience and master your 18 basic skills.
Mask skills will become second nature with practice just keep practicing.
It takes everyone practice to gain mastery.

Stay current and train often this will help to reassure your family members.
Dive every chance you get!

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Firstly, congratulations! Second, I'm so jealous, I live in Missouri and a buddy and I have been wanting to go dive that "dome" every since we heard about it. Seemed like a great winter dive if you don't have a dry suit (and we don't). Welcome to the SB.:balloons:

Congrats - i remember that feeling getting my first certs! Now im an instructor and still love getting extra certifications !

Congratulations, AquaticLife! Now you can make your first gear acquisition as a certified diver:

INV_SS0901_3-250.jpg

A neoprene mask strap!

Congrats and welcome to the pond. What, you have some money left over? Dive gear will take care of that surplus.

TSandM: A neoprene strap! Perfect!

I thought is was a fun dive but then again I have never been anywhere else. If you want to dive in nice warm water I highly recommend it. It is a small crater, about 55 feet deep and maybe 40 feet wide. I wish there had been fish to see though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom