I'm going to OK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hilti

Reaction score
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to leave (Briefly) for out of town work in Oklahoma. The last trip down I noticed a dive shop south of Oklahoma City, and yes, I had to stop. I found that there are a few dive locations near where I will be working (and obviously someplace to get air) so I'd like to plan a dive or two. I'm wondering, what is the visibility in those sites (around the Ardmore area~ Lake Murray, and any other suggestions) and is anyone aware of any regulations regarding solo diving these sites? I'd appreciate any suggestions

hilti:
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to leave (Briefly) for out of town work in Oklahoma. The last trip down I noticed a dive shop south of Oklahoma City, and yes, I had to stop. I found that there are a few dive locations near where I will be working (and obviously someplace to get air) so I'd like to plan a dive or two. I'm wondering, what is the visibility in those sites (around the Ardmore area~ Lake Murray, and any other suggestions) and is anyone aware of any regulations regarding solo diving these sites? I'd appreciate any suggestions

I live in Paris,Texas and I'm am a regular at Lake Murray and Lake Broken Bow.
Broken Bow is better then Murray and is much like Lake Tenkiller in the North East part of the state.

Look on the Mid West Muck Divers forum and you'll see some stuff about Murray
(BTW I did my first solo dive at Lake Murray and my Avitar pictures was from that day)

You can also dive at Lake Elmer Thomas near Lawton, OK. Your dive shop in OKC probably will tell you about diving there. ( no boats maybe 90 feet deep near the dam)

You must have a dive flag in Oklahoma 18 x 24 in. I believe ( $400.00 fine without)
No body cares if you solo there is no law about that.

Back
Top Bottom