I'm going to try yak diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmmm..........Ya might want to reconsider. We were out there on Friday & winds were due west, which messes the viz & Jellies are about. With the weather being what it has been the last 2 days, I doubt things have changed much. We are planning a yak dive from the pier on Saturday the 16th at 8:00 am. That is, providing the weather & winds have improved. You're welcome to join us.

Sorry about that. I start back to school on Tuesday so I'm back to weekends only. Maybe we can get a crew together around Christmas time. If you go out this week, be sure to post a report on conditions. Good luck!

Well I did venice today and I got my A%& KICKED trying to get past the surf, I ended up putting on my fins and pulling the kayak past the surf (sandbar)then getting in and going the rest of the way, I didn't know how far to go and ended up in only 22' deep.
Vis was 1' at best and I only found 15 teeth, one 3" meg that is broken, the rest were little teeth.

Thanks for the report. I kinda suspected the viz wouldn't be too good with the steady west winds we've been having. How about jellies? Any sign of them?

Well that's good news!

I'm not sure where the right place to ask but can you please define Kayak diving for me. I mean I understand that it must involve a kayak and scuba but why, pros, cons, if you would not mind educating me. I think I might like it but just stumbled on to this. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom