I'm gonna miss this place...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wima

Registered
Reaction score
My exchange studentship in Singapore is almost at the end. Pretty soon I have to fly back to Finland and adjust to living with snow and ice again... Well, at least I've had great six months.

Finally I managed to device a program for the last month in the region. First I do a short round in southern Thailand spending four days in Phuket, four days on Phi-Phi and finally four days in Krabi. After those a flight from KL to Sabah and three more diving days on Sipadan. After those some treking and such...

As a final question: I'm considering taking the Advanced OW course on Phi-Phi. Is there any particular dive shop somebody could recommend me? Moskito diving seems reliable but I'm open to suggestions...

Thanks for all the advice I've got from this board so far and have great christmas holidays. :D

- Wima

Hey Wilma,

i dont have any advice for your AOW course.....but feel free to come down to Singapore anytime !!!!

You are always welcome......

:wavey:

All the best for your trip!!

Hi Wima,

It's the proximity to all these fantastic dive sites that makes living in Singapore bearable. I love the knowledge that Phuket or Sipadan is only a couple hundred bucks away.

My advice to you is actually to take your advanced course in Phuket if possible. In general the Phuket dive sites are more attractive to the beginning diver than those off Phi Phi. For example, you can do your wreck speciality dive in the King Cruiser wreck... Anyway, since you're going to be in Phuket first you should get your certification earlier so you don't miss out on deep or night dives later in the trip.

An even better if slightly more expensive option, if you're not prone to seasickness, would be to do a liveaboard from Phuket to either the Similans or Hin Daeng/Muang and do your AOW while there.

By the way, which university are you in? And did you do your Open Water with their dive team? Cos, hmm, if you did I may have had a hand in it...

Back
Top Bottom