I'm hooked!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

congrats... take your time learning the skills -- and after learning them -- practice them as much as possible :wink: can never have too much time in the water...

I can relate, however for me it was the open water dives, to see the puffer fish just swimming in front of me, me weightless and the only sound I hear is my breathing. I was originally planning on spending all of my vacation time and money traveling europe with my wife, we have no decided that we will do that when we get old, and dive for the next several vacations. The problem is that we live in the midwest and I really want nothing more than to go hop in one of the local lakes at ~43 degrees just to spend some time under, and it has totally ruined my work ethic for the time being.

whcacher, my experience was exactly like yours. 2 minutes in the water and I knew scuba was going to be my thing. DivemasterDennis

Ding Ding! +1

unfortunately, I had to put down my flying addiction and this is filling the void...

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

If your down in CO, stop by & say Hi.

Good Luck & Good Diving.

say good bye to all monies!!!!!

That is no joke. Expensive hobby, at least it's awesome!

Once you buy your gear and think your wallet is done bleeding you'll want to start going on "dive trips".

I was originally planning on spending all of my vacation time and money traveling europe with my wife, we have no decided that we will do that when we get old, and dive for the next several vacations.

How true. I was certified about 22 months ago, about 165 dives ago, and am about finished with my DM training.

I retired young, and my wife and I planned on going to Europe, Asia, etc. Now that I dive, we do Curacao, Bahamas, Bonaire, Mexico, Cayman Brac.... I figure I should get all the diving in while I can at my age, and can take the other trips later. She is not a diver, but throughly loves visiting these locations and doing nothing. Now, about Palau....

Enjoy. I loved it from the first pool dive, and wish I had started at 17 like my daughter-my buddy.

Terry

Thanks to everyone for the replies and encouragement! I can't wait to get done with training! I went out and bought some gear from my LDS the other day. Got a Titan LX REG, Octo, and veo 1 console. Can't wait to try them out.

Welcome, start writing apology letters to your bank account, she'll be asking for them soon :). All kidding aside, once you get in the open water, you'll see why we all love this hobby!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom