I'm looking for advice on dive resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive nut fred

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Philippine Paradise Divers, I'm looking for a good resort to spend 10 to 14 days at. Accommodations don't need to be fancy. What is important to us is great diving. I would like 2 or more boat dives a day, a good house reef with unlimited shore diving, and nitrox. Access to different types of diving would be great. Good macro, muck, wreck, pelagics. Any advice would be great...thanks

Unlimited shore diving(free)?
Enquire Anilao and Dumaguete and there may be more!
But if you can settle on macro, wreck and pelagics then Malapascua should fit the bill.

Consider Moalboat (we like Kasai Village Beach Resort). I just posted a trip report from our recent trip.

Hello Dive Nut Fred,

Great Diving is definitely one thing you can get here on Malapascua! Both for the big stuff (Thresher sharks!!, Devil Rays, white tip reef sharks and sometimes giant Manta's and Hammerheads) and the small stuff ( flamboyant cuttle fish, mimic octopus, crazy amounts of nudibranches and pipefish.....)this is the place to go! And we have one wreck here: the Dona Marilyn.
The island is beautiful and untouched: 10-14 days here will make you feel reborn!
We at Malapascua Exotic Island Dive Resort offer rooms in different price ranges: from basic and very affordable to luxurious with hot water, aircon, tv and fridge.
If you would like to know more about us, please have a look at our website:Malapascua Exotic Island Dive and Beach Resort or send us an email: info@malapascua.net

Hope to see you here soon :)
Erica

Unlimited shore diving(free)?
Enquire Anilao and Dumaguete and there may be more!
But if you can settle on macro, wreck and pelagics then Malapascua should fit the bill.

Hi centrals, Any particular dive outfit in Malapascua?

Hi centrals, Any particular dive outfit in Malapascua?
Dived with Exotic many many yrs ago. I still remember the boat captain located the Donna Marilyn by just looking around the distant objects. Very impressed. Who need GPS!!!!!!! The place had changed a lot since my last visit, Martin and Mikel had also left.
I have buddies who had dived with Evolution and Thrasher Shark and were very happy with them.
You can't go wrong with these three operators and of course there are other to consider.
Drop them a line and see who can give you the fastest and most detail information.

Hi Philippine Paradise Divers, I'm looking for a good resort to spend 10 to 14 days at. Accommodations don't need to be fancy. What is important to us is great diving. I would like 2 or more boat dives a day, a good house reef with unlimited shore diving, and nitrox. Access to different types of diving would be great. Good macro, muck, wreck, pelagics. Any advice would be great...thanks

In Anilao try Planet Dive; they have just about what you listed.

I still remember the boat captain located the Donna Marilyn by just looking around the distant objects. Very impressed. Who need GPS!!!!!!!

That was a lucky day for one of them then. I spent time on the boat insisting they use the GPS. I gave up when they refused and were searching for 2 hours 1km away from the Dona Marilyn. It's a head in hands moment on days like that. It's even better when you drift off it during the SI and they spend another 1 and a half hours searching again :) All good memories now!

Erica...as far as I knew there are 3 wrecks to dive in recreational limits in Malapascua?? Admittedly two are blown to pieces, but still interesting sites IMO.

Out of interest, does anywhere offer unlimited (free?) shore diving, Malapascua or elsewhere in the Philippines that we know of? Maybe Dive7000 in Anilao? I only ask as many regions may have sanctuary fees, equipment rental fees, DM pay and the price of gas to consider? You can come and do unlimited shore diving with us...but you might need a boat to collect you as its a mad drift at times :D

If you really want the big stuff and more nudibranchs than you can shake a branch at then Malapascua. If you want world class muck and some incredibly coral gardens then Dauin/Apo Island gets my vote (but I do live here :))

Wherever you decide on I'm sure you will have an awesome time. These waters always throw up some nice surprises! Ghost Pipefish in an abandoned pair of denims today :) Mad as a bag of weasels, eh!

I think Malapascua is a decent fit for you, although I also think that you could enjoy yourself in a couple of other places as well. It is hard to hit all the boxes you want to have checked... I am confident that anywere you stay you can come up with a solution to your shore diving desires. Contact Matt who frequently posts on this board...

Cheers,
Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom