I'm looking for scuba classes in Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amysterious Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the site. I'm looking for a good Open Water scuba training in Houston.
But I am looking for one who'll certify through NAUI.
Does anyone know any good scuba diving schools/instructors in the Houston area?
Even if it isn't NAUI, I don't mind PADI or SSI. NAUI's just a preference. Any recommendations?
Please let me know, thanks.

The greater Houston metropolitan area is full of dive shops; there are 4 Sea Sports Scuba (SSI) shops, Maximum Scuba (PADI) has 2 shops, Giglin' Marlin (PADI), Texan Scuba (PADI), Sugarland Scuba (PADI), and WW Diving (SSI) are just a few of the bigger shops.

Maybe check the NAUI website if you want a NAUI shop. Either way, you have PLENTY of options to choose from, Good luck!

Carl Griffing is an excellent instructor and can certify through NAUI. I believe his schedule may be booked through March, but I would certainly recommend you get in touch with him in case your own schedule's compatible. He's Phreatic Fanatic here on the board if you'd like to PM, or feel free to PM me and I can give you his contact info.

Sugarland Scuba may also be a NAUI shop, perhaps check with them as well.

I'm checking the different shops around Houston, it's just hard to choose since I don't know that much about scuba diving. And if the way they teach is different from the other.

Thanks for the recommendations about Carl. Hopefully his schedule isn't too busy. I'll definitely check it out! :)

Check out B&W. B & W Dive Co - Channelview, TX

All you need is a mask, snorkel, fins. They don't charge students for scuba equipment rental. There is a coupon in that link too. Time to time you can find them on groupon.

If you go through a dive shop, you will be a 1 student among like 15 others. But with B&W you will have maybe 1-2 students other than you in the class, way more personal.

If you plan on getting into tech/trimix/ccr then go to Oceanic Ventures on Bissonet. Everybody else in Houston is recreational, don't believe them if they say otherwise.. you'll end up at OVI for trimix fills or they will end up being filled there anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom