I'm probably overthinking this but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_doug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm getting the wenoka "big squeeze" knife and I'm trying to decide between the one with the black squeezy things or the the one with the yellow squeezy things. My thinking is that the yellow would be better due to the higher visibility if it's dropped, but I'm wondering if a black dive knife with yellow stripes could be mistaken for a fish and therefore increase the risk of a shark attack. I know shark attacks are super rare and all that, still I'm wondering what you guys think?

P.S. Don't lecture me about getting a big dive knife :D

I'm getting the wenoka "big squeeze" knife and I'm trying to decide between the one with the black squeezy things or the the one with the yellow squeezy things. My thinking is that the yellow would be better due to the higher visibility if it's dropped, but I'm wondering if a black dive knife with yellow stripes could be mistaken for a fish and therefore increase the risk of a shark attack. I know shark attacks are super rare and all that, still I'm wondering what you guys think?

Your thought about yellow aiding visibility if dropped is a good one.

Your thought about yellow possibly inciting a shark attack...not so much.

:eyebrow:

Your thought about yellow aiding visibility if dropped is a good one.

Your thought about yellow possibly inciting a shark attack...not so much.

:eyebrow:

Yeahh...sometimes I get a thought in my head and it stays in there so long I forget that it's stupid

I wouldn't worry about sharks.

About dropping it..... instead of wondering how you'll get it back if you drop it, what could you do to make sure you *can't* drop it? (hint that's a rhetorical question).

R..

I ususlly am not a huge fan of the bright colored stuff. I figure black will always be chic! HOWEVER I think the yellow handle would be the way to go. My thinking is if a buddy has to grab hold of my gear (share air, swimmer tow, etc) I would like the knife to stand out a bit. Just so he doesnt end up with an un-sheathed knife in his hand unexpectedly.

I also overthink.

Whate everyone else said - it's personal.

I got my fiancee' the winoka big squeeze knife..it's not that big :)

Back
Top Bottom