im seriously thinking of buying Mares icon HD, but i got a problem.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MeanGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
well, from the reviews, and comments, i really loved it and since im a computer tech , i love those fancy computers with hd colors -.- kinda nerdy i know, but anyways. i decided that i want the damn thing but , i dont live in the states, meaning that if i wanna had an air integrate upgrade , would be very annoying process to me, is there a place that ships to "kuwait" and has the "already" integrated one?

thanks.

The air integrated is out already, so no point buying the one without.

Adam

It still may make sense to buy a non-integrated one since it seems you can find them cheaper right now ($700) then turn around and do the upgrade for $450. So you would have $1,150 in it this way. It looks like if you buy one right off the bat that is air integrated you'll be spending $1599. So it looks like you could save $450 if you can get your hands on a non-integrated one then turn around and upgrade it.

thank you both for the reply, to be honest, i decided to go with a new one, someone random on facebook just said that his friend was selling one for 500 bucks, but then again he's not in the same country, so i'd have to wait for him to come back, and i doubt he'd give me a 2 years warranty . i dont trust people that easily , so i'd rather pay the extra 450 for the warranty and the whole thing all together , i mean , once i take it, i have to ship it back, ironically the shipping itself would cost me something like 100 bucks , and i doubt it would finish so soon ... as you can see, the whole process is a hassle . so i sent him a msg, told him i can't buy it. and now im deciding between sol and this one.. gonna search few more days and read a lot before deciding to whether it is the sol or the icon

thanks again for the reply.

i did have some questions to ask in here, please feel free to kindly answer them if you can.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...se-who-thought-about-buying-i-got-qs-plz.html

thanks

Last edited:
It still may make sense to buy a non-integrated one since it seems you can find them cheaper right now ($700) then turn around and do the upgrade for $450. So you would have $1,150 in it this way. It looks like if you buy one right off the bat that is air integrated you'll be spending $1599. So it looks like you could save $450 if you can get your hands on a non-integrated one then turn around and upgrade it.

I'd like to know if the old one upgraded is the same as a new AI one. Perhaps we could get the Mares rep to answer this?

Adam

actually after checking the prices, yes you were right,
i think i found it in Buy scuba gear, scuba diving and snorkeling equipment, and everything underwater from LeisurePro.com for $1,149.95 "not yet in stock though" ..

actually its funny cuz you can just order one without A.I. and then ask them to upgrade it and ship it .. it doesn't make any sense though if they were the same thing why is that more expensive? .. maybe the one thats been integrated already is more expensive for people who can wait ? or for people who can't send it back "like me" ..

anyways, thanks for the replies =) i appreciate it

it says, Mares Icon HD Air Integrated Hoseless Dive Computer (Complete System)

just check their site and search for mares icon hd, you'll get that result among the used ones

it says, Mares Icon HD Air Integrated Hoseless Dive Computer (Complete System)

just check their site and search for mares icon hd, you'll get that result among the used ones

Can you provide the link. I don't see the complete system for that price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom