In Cozumel now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhodesaz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In Cozumel now at a South end resort (Occidential Grand). First dive yesterday we saw lots of turtles, a few barracuda's, large parrott fish, no sharks, no lionfish, but a huge spotted eagle ray.

My computer said the water temp was 80. We dove Dalila @ 10:30 am and the current was pretty strong. A 3 on a scale of 0 to 5. Visiablity was 100+. Nice dive!!!

spotted eagle ray.png

Very nice. I love seeing the Eagle Rays. The trip we just returned from was the first time I didn't see at least one while diving including trips in April and May. Hoping to see bunches of them in February. Enjoy your trip.

We are here too now staying at SCC. I was hoping to see an eagle ray but DM said it is too soon. Maybe on our January trip.

I will keep a lookout now knowing there is at least one here.

Betty

Betty,
There are many here already. Every time I have dived North in the past three weeks or so, I have seen 2-3. Most dive days we have seen 1-3 somewhere on the southern reefs. Keep your eyes peeled. They're sneaky and quiet, you know. :wink:

The reef shark puppies are around, too. Came out of a swim thru while doing Horseshoe this morning, and three were hanging right there. Saw 4 more in the next few minutes, but they may have been recycled, if you know what I mean...

I have a group that will be there on Nov 17th. We too will be staying at the Occidental. We have a buddy with a membership and we got an amazing deal for the all-inclusive. We normally get a great deal on a resort-dive package anyway. Have heard the time share folks are getting a bit pushy at the Occidental recently....Time to put my new Nikon P7100 to the test.

UGH Jan 6 cannot get here soon enough....corral them rays and turtles for me please! Did Barracuda dive last year and saw about 20 migrate through...utterly breathtaking watching them. Glad to hear the sea life is plentiful. Enjoy your vaca!

Have heard the time share folks are getting a bit pushy at the Occidental recently.

While I have seen the time share sharks giving tours, a simple no thank you is all I have had to say. never bothered me again.

---------- Post Merged on November 14th, 2012 at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous Post was on November 13th, 2012 at 05:28 AM ----------

Saw another (maybe same one) spotted eagle ray while at our 3 minute safety stop, yesterday afternoon. Just a beautiful animal.
Saw several small rays also.

Yesterdays dive was a "crabby" dive. Must have been at least 20 to 30 HUGE crabs seen.

Nice dives so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom