In memory of Danny Jetmore - Scuba West - Hudson Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
To all of our Scuba West family,

Recently, we lost a dear friend and family member when Danny Jetmore passed away.

I think almost everyone who frequented Scuba West knew Danny. He was that friendly face that greeted most visitors here for many years.

He helped divers learn to dive, fixed their dive gear, and did pretty much whatever it took to aid someone in enjoying the water.

I met Danny seven years ago, and as most people, couldn't help but like him from the very start. He had that special something about him that spoke of his kind, compassionate nature.

Danny loved diving, and everything surrounding diving. He worked in this industry for many years in the Hudson area as well as Grand Cayman. He was a PADI Instructor, a boat captain, an avid bowler and a very good cook. When we had a picnic at Hudson Grotto, he would often prepare his jerk chicken. He smiled from ear to ear as our divers would grab a piece or two from a heaping plate. If you happened to come a little late, he would most likely have a few pieces hidden away for you to enjoy.

I had the privilege of spending many hours working by his side. We had many in depth discussions with many more jokes and stories in between. If it was a slow day, he would prod me to start a new project, as he would often say that the store would become suddenly busy if he was in the middle of something. And, he was usually right.

The last couple of years showed him slowing down, but he kept that dry wit that was a trade mark of his. If Danny walked in wearing a new, colorful shirt I would ask him if he had a date, and he would always laugh.

One Christmas he bought my son, Christian, a bowling ball just so that he could teach him how to bowl. I don't know if he ever knew how much that meant to Christian... or me.

There are many people in the Scuba West family that knew him longer than the few years that I've been around. That makes me a little jealous because I truly cherished the time I had to get to know him.

If there is scuba diving in the beyond, you can bet that is where Danny is now, most likely helping a diver get their gear ready or putting the boat in just the right spot for the next dive.

He is loved and will be missed.

Danny's family and the Scuba West family invite everyone to Hudson Grotto on Sunday, November 6th starting at 11:30 for a celebration of Danny's life. You can dive, enjoy a picnic lunch and mingle with Danny's friends and family. If you have a favorite picture of Danny, please send it to us.

Please email me at info@scubawest.net

Jeff Tobey

Last edited:
Fare thee well Danny. We both worked on Cayman as Instructors and I'm sorry we'll never describe the "stupid diver of the day" over free wings for Divemasters at Lone Star ever again. I'll remember you dude.

We met Danny and Susan at the Cayman Brac about 15 years ago and we have stayed in touch since. Danny’s definition of a good dive is any dive where you do not have to kick more than twice. He taught us to slow down and wait for the critters and fish to come out. We will always remember them fondly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom