in need of mask advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobeachlovers

Contributor
Reaction score
In search of a mask for a female with a small head/ face (adult sized hats are too big) AND high cheekbones. Limited shops in area with limited stock to try on so any advice would be great. Currently have a TUSA but it floods on dives, though it appeared to fit in shop. Have tried adjusting strap tighter and looser and different placement on the back of the head. The strap does tend to ride up on my head at times...any help would be appreciated as i had to abort dives with the current mask due to inability to keep water out :(

A few female friends have had luck with the Aqualung Linea mask.

My wife and daughter in law both have Mares X Vision Mid.

Linea is a great mask for a lot of women, but if you're face is even to narrow for that I would recommend a wahoo jr. It is a mask that is meant for young adults and many of the women that are very small at the aquarium use it. There is a mask that I've found works well for narrow/smaller faces it's a Sherwood mask called onyx, very soft skirt and fits most people that try it on. Free diving masks may work well for you as well like the arc mask.

I have a small head and narrow face the only mask out of the countless I've owned that fits andc does not leak is the Atomic Aquatics Framless (ver 1) in medium. I own several.

Oceanic Shadow Mini. You can try to look at kids ones as well. I have higher cheekbones and needed low volume to reach my non-existent nose. When in the shop, make sure you don’t even use the strap to try it on. Put it on purely with suction or inhale slightly then let go. It should stay on. Try putting your mouth over a snorkel or reg and see if it stays. When you open your mouth for it, move your lower jaw down and not your upper jaw which moves your face and cheeks to prevent leaking or loss of suction for this test. If it works, it’s a perfect fit. Good luck!

First mask which fit me was apparently a kids mask and tended to work for women. It was the Linea. Now I tend to use the Mares X Vision. I have a Poseidon mask which is okay but not as good as the Mares X Vision. I have tried the Atomic Aquatics Frameless and it did not work for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom