Inapropriate Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axeman

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you think it is inapropriate to wear a dry suit over your tux to a wedding?

Cause I was just lamenting about not being able to dive this weekend cause I am the best man in a wedding.

BUT

It is in Sarnia. In a park. Right by a bridge where divers have been seen. I hear that there are two wrecks there. So I was thinking.... between the ceremony and the reception I could go for a little dip.....

cause I could midify my reg necklace to include a bow tie..... the wedding colors are black white and red.... so I could wear my balck dry suit and use my white tank and mabey borrow some red OMS wings or something...

what do ya think.....

yeah I know.... I should probably just do the best man thing and focus on the wedding... but man... I hate to drive all that way and be co close to a ship wreck and not dive...

I just know I will be able to feel the wreck from where I will be standing.... pulling me in towards the water.

oh well... just the thoughts of a bored diver sitting at work...

Personally, I like it... I really do...

But...

Wearing a tux under a dry suit...

Hrm...

Isn't that going to wrinkle pretty fiercely?

I know Arnold did it just fine in True Lies (Incidently, that is the first movie where I've actually seen them use a broco rod properly) but he had that special Q-branch tuxedo.

Try this, get a room overnight and dive it the next day.

perhaps Spike could stand in for you at the wedding

Hi Axeman if you work something out and need directions or a buddy let me know, I live here.

Actually the viz has been lousy lately so you may not be to broken hearted if you can't dive.

Gary

mcrae:
Hi Axeman if you work something out and need directions or a buddy let me know, I live here.

Actually the viz has been lousy lately so you may not be to broken hearted if you can't dive.

Gary

have you dove it before? How is the dive?

Axeman:
Do you think it is inapropriate to wear a dry suit over your tux to a wedding?

Cause I was just lamenting about not being able to dive this weekend cause I am the best man in a wedding.

BUT

It is in Sarnia. In a park. Right by a bridge where divers have been seen. I hear that there are two wrecks there. So I was thinking.... between the ceremony and the reception I could go for a little dip.....

cause I could midify my reg necklace to include a bow tie..... the wedding colors are black white and red.... so I could wear my balck dry suit and use my white tank and mabey borrow some red OMS wings or something...

what do ya think.....

yeah I know.... I should probably just do the best man thing and focus on the wedding... but man... I hate to drive all that way and be co close to a ship wreck and not dive...

I just know I will be able to feel the wreck from where I will be standing.... pulling me in towards the water.

oh well... just the thoughts of a bored diver sitting at work...
James Bond did it. Why shouldn't you try it too? :wink:

aquaoren:
James Bond did it. Why shouldn't you try it too? :wink:

Like I said...

That Q-Branch Tux just does not wrinkle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom