Incomplete in my eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amber

Contributor
Reaction score
My mom and I were looking on Ebay for a reg for me and I cannot seem to find what I want. Everything I look at is only a part of what I want. It's either just the second stage or first stage, doesn't have a power inflator or a secondary reg. Is it possible to get all of this on one rig/peice of equipment, or do I have to purchase a valve and then buy all that seperatly and attatch it?

Amber; ignorantly

you should certainly be able to find the first and second stage together but you may have to get the octo , inflator hose and spg seperately.
joens

Ok, say I just buy the reg with a first and second stage.....will there be a place to attatch everything to it that I buy seperatly? Or does not all valves allow that?

the first stage will have ports to screw the hoses they will be plugged when not in use . Older regs may have only 3 low pressure ports and 1 high pressure port . newer regs usually have 4 LP and either 1or 2 HP ports .but the ports are in different places on different regs if you are looking at one on e-bay go to the manufacturers website and they should describe in detail how many ports there are and where they are located.
Joens

Most 1st stages come with 1 or 2 high pressure ports for your spg and several low pressure ports for your bc inflator hose,primary reg,secondary or octopus or air2,etc.

You should check into a dive shop for a piece of equipment like this so they can put it together and service it for you when needed.Scubapro and Apeks make some nice lower priced regs.

To the best of my knowledge, most, if not all, of the newer first stages come with 5 ports. One high pressure (for SPG) and 4 low pressure.

There are some older first stages that have only 3 ports, one high pressure and only 2 low pressure.

If you buy one from E-bay, make sure that the first stage has at least 5 ports. Someone might be trying to get rid of an older first stage with only the 3 ports.

Someone else may want to correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you everyone :) Up to this point I've always rented and to be honest..never paid much attention. The information has helped a lot.

I've bought much gear on ebay..... And then found out I could have gotten some of it cheaper at www.leisure-pro.com

Really, you should find out what you want from reg reviews online_there are lots
try
http://www.divernet.com/equipment/0401regtest.htm
for some good inexpensive regs.
then get an equivalent octo (problably same brand to ensure everything will fit.
then get a guage cluster (same brand or different dosen't matter)

feel free to ask LOTS of questions here. from your first question it seems you might need to work on this for a few days before you're compfortable and ready to get a Regulator that will last you for a long time

Good Luck!!!!
And dive safe.
HTH,
Rice

And For God's sake...DO NOT USE VICE GRIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are not completely comfortable with putting you life on one side of the scale and your mechanical abilities on the other....Have someone that knows what they are doing assemble your components.
Always have a capable/trained tech check out any used gear you buy on eBay before you dive.
Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom