Incredible Canon Elph 300 HS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adventurenut

Registered
Reaction score
OK, what P&S has an underwater mode, an incredibly sensitive low light capability (my video lite provides more than enough color for deep diving photos, usually I don't even need an added flash for bright vibrant colors for still photography), auto iso, a good wide angle lens, and now: CONTINUOUS AUTOFOCUS in HD video? Until now, none of them. Had to consider the expensive Nauticam/Sony NEX 5 over two thousand dollar combo for this type of underwater capability. Now the little Canon 300 HS has all this, and it is much cheaper and easier to use. Is'nt technology great? I have to say, this little camera is now preferred even over the more expensive S95 and G12 Canons, as they do not do continuous autofocus in video and cannot shoot 1080p. This camera made my day during my last dive trip, see my video: Diving the wreck of the Aeolus in North Carolina - YouTube

Great video! I am looking to but the Canon Elph 300 for my trip to St. Lucia and would like some advice. I am looking at the Ike Lite housing but haven't read good reviews on it. What housing do you have and do you have a external light/strobe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom