Indian woman in coma - Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cannot imagine getting married, being on my honeymoon, and suffering this tragedy.
Travel is risky, but so rewarding. I raised my daughter to embrace it, then we taught her husband to get into it, then the grandkids. I ask them to be careful but enjoy seemingly safe limits, and take good trip insurance when they leave the US! On a previous trip to China my granddaughter lost her passport, what a nightmare, but the insurance covered their losses ok after I helped file the claim.

Last month they were in China again seeing sites with some students who live with them during the school year here and their home families. They flew to the west side to tour some areas near Tibet - where quakes, slides, and floods are somewhat common, and got cut off from one by a slide before they could get to it. I was glad that it happened before they went to the village instead of while they were there, or worse on the way there.

They sent me a lot of photos each day so I could post those to their FB pages since FB is blocked there, including this one - the kind that scares me! Slippery deck, low handrail, no hands on the rail, raging death below. Trip insurance can be great about paying for return of bodies, but only if you can find them.

IMG_0685.JPG

Unfortunately she passed away :( Rest in peace, Shruthi.

Scuba diving victim from Chikkamagaluru dies in US

"During scuba diving in the Pacific Ocean, her oxygen pipe got accidentally detached. She became asphyxiated and eventually went into a coma."

Thinking again - she was a first time diver. Panicked and spat out the regulator. Swallowed water and drowned...

RIP Shruthi

P

Thinking again - she was a first time diver. Panicked and spat out the regulator. Swallowed water and drowned...

RIP Shruthi

P

Is this speculation or what happened?

Is this speculation or what happened?
My bad. I was speculating. I don't see how else a pipe can get "detached" unless the dive shop made a mistake outfitting her gear...

P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom