Indonesia LOB - Required Documents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'v had the resorts in Indo make a copy of my passport.

I'v had the resorts in Indo make a copy of my passport.

Hmm, me too, now that I think about it. Resorts and even ordinary hotels. And not just Indonesia--it's happened in various other countries. But I'm certain I have never been asked to send anyone a copy of my passport in advance of my arrival.

To my recollection, this last Raja Ampat lob was the first time I've had to send a copy too

The Harbour Masters are getting more strict all over the country with requirements, including copies of passports for liveaboard guests. Liveaboard companies are asking for copies in advance so they can get all of the paperwork into the Harbour Masters office the day before the boat departs. That way a relatively on time departure can be arranged once all guests are on board. If they wait until guests are aboard and then ask for passports and then take them to the harbour masters office then departure will be delayed..

IE: asking for copies ahead of time is a sign of a well organized vessel :)

The Indo trip we just did, the hotels made a copy of passports upon arrival, and the liveaboard asked for a copy in advance. I think we've experienced some of that in the Philippines as well. I think we've even been on a couple Caribbean liveaboards, perhaps ones that entered multiple countries, that either made copies or simply held passports for the duration of the trip. (I think not uncommon to clear immigration in the wee hours when you'd rather not get up anyway.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom