Indonesia with Dive Damai 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great trip report and photos! We once were scheduled to dive Triton Bay and there was trouble with the locals so they would not let us dive. We went to Fak Fak instead and it was pretty bad there. Oh well, one day I would like to make it back there!

---------- Post added ----------

Was Made onboard when you were there?

Yes, Made' (child #2) was there and well liked. My sister is also Made'. I am kitute (child #4).

The crew on this boat was amazing, as was our humble host, Mike V.

Hi Allison,
Purely out of curiosity, would you mind comparing the diving in Triton Bay to another critter-oriented location that you've been to, such as Milne Bay or R4? Thanks

That's a hard one.....

I liked it better than Raja as it did offer more muck, which I much prefer. Raja has also been overcrowded, lately, and a land based operation in the southern areas can determine whether you can dive certain sites, or not. It is just too aggravating, IMO.

Compared to, say, Kimbe Bay? Hmmm....Kimbe has seamounts which are not found in Triton, so the diving is just too different to compare.

I saw critters I have not seen anywhere else, so that puts Triton high on my list. That, and the fact that it is only scarcely dived make it a place I will hope to return to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom