Inexpensive Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnW

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Drysuiting it.... in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Vintage Diving is certainly affordable. Here is my latest project.

2 Steel 72's $45 each (15 months left to Hydro)
1 Double Valve $25
Backpak Free (Taught a Single Student Refresher)
2 Decals from Karl about $7 each
Can of Daytona Yellow Paint $9
2250 PSI Burst Disc $5

So for $143(CDN) I have a very good looking set of Doubles.

YellowDoubles.jpg

Still working on my Triple setup(waiting for Bands), will post pictures when I get them together.

Why, even a dive bum (er starving marine biologist) like me could afford doubles like that! Cool.

CatalinaCanuck:
Vintage Diving is certainly affordable. Here is my latest project.

2 Steel 72's $45 each (15 months left to Hydro)
1 Double Valve $25
Backpak Free (Taught a Single Student Refresher)
2 Decals from Karl about $7 each
Can of Daytona Yellow Paint $9
2250 PSI Burst Disc $5

So for $143(CDN) I have a very good looking set of Doubles.

YellowDoubles.jpg

Still working on my Triple setup(waiting for Bands), will post pictures when I get them together.

Those are nice looking doubles.
But, I think that you put the valve (center piece) up side down. Did you do that intentionally (to avoid some regulator interference, etc)?

In the original position (post down) it will locate a double hose regulator lower for better performance. Most of the time you shouldn't encounter any interference, but you may with some accessories.

I prefer to have a 2 bands

Those look great, if your diving double hose then the cneter post should be down.

That is a nice looking set, thanks for the pic. I am putting together a set also, mine uses bands from Vic for a back plate and Sherwood twin post valve.

N

Luis H:
Those are nice looking doubles.
But, I think that you put the valve (center piece) up side down. Did you do that intentionally (to avoid some regulator interference, etc)?

In the original position (post down) it will locate a double hose regulator lower for better performance. Most of the time you shouldn't encounter any interference, but you may with some accessories.

I actually set them up like Rogers Set, good point about the valve orientation.

DoubleValve.jpg

My black set of doubles is also set up like this(the ones in my avatar picture).

Pretty sweet!

Very nice... what kind of paint did you use? I'm working on a similar set, but with Voit stickers

fishb0y:
Very nice... what kind of paint did you use? I'm working on a similar set, but with Voit stickers

I used Engine Block Paint(ceramic type) since it neither produces heat or needs heat to cure. I used a 200 grit sandpaper to rough up the old painted surface. I'll have to wait to see how the long term durability is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom