Info about scuba tank explosion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check Incidents and Accidents board on Scuba Diving Central forum, there's a lengthy thread.

Check Incidents and Accidents board on Scuba Diving Central forum, there's a lengthy thread.
Accidents & Incidents actually. Easier to find with the right name, indeed where accidents are generally discussed..

Or just click that link. :thumb:

why are you interested in this accident?
I think most have been. It's bad for business for accident news to get out, especially with defective equipment owned by the Op, and we may not hear of some - but I did this one.

I was going to recommend the op to a group of friends but this incident and the lack of information has me reconsidering.
SCC has a strong reputation and it was indeed surprising to learn that it happened there. It was reported to have been an old tank of the problematic alloy, but there are probably none on the island now. I do not know if the tank was current on hydro and current eddy testing, even tho SCC was reported to have an organized system to keep tanks current, but I bet they are even better now.

I was going to recommend the op to a group of friends but this incident and the lack of information has me reconsidering.

Been to this op several times, and am going back there in March.

They are a 1st class operation - you have nothing to worry about.

I believe this was a very unfortunate accident, that could have happened anywhere.

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom