info for uk divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

builderbloke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i thought we could try a thread for info on divesites around the uk so we can all broaden our horizens " you cant dive what you dont know is there "
but try to keep this thread to divesite info asin location,depth,accesability,condition (if wreak) local accomadation,suited for novice/experianced diver and a breif explenation of the site that sort of thing a kinda dive directory
what do u think ?

Great Idea! If anyone needs anything from Bognor Regis to Portsmouth, including Isle of Wight, then I may be able to help. Lived and worked that area for three years as a DM/Inst/diver.

just stick em all down so we can use this link as a dive directory

depth = 35m
location =050 42 330 N 000 46 335 W
inbetween selsea and bogner
dive suitable for confident divers (club diver/adv ow and above)
tide times= check out local tide times

the mixen hole is suposed to be a roman fortress but the only sign of that left is some large trebucht ammo ( big rocks )
great dive loads of crabs and lobsters

dive should only be done at slack outherwise a whirlpool effect is created

depth = 8-15m
location = 050 44 735 N 000 42 206 W
just outside bognor
dive suitabel for ow or above

the mulberys were put out as landing craft for ships during the second ww

go down shot line at bottom youll find 3 chains going off in diffrent directions 1 goes to the landing craft 1 goes to a box like thing that shot down pilots were suposed to go in and put up a flag to allert the coast for rescue and the third goes off to ...............ill put it in when i remember :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom