Info On CoCo View Resort Roatan, Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Fellow Scuba Enthusiasts:

Was just inquiring as to if anyone had any views Good/Bad on CoCo View Resort in Roatan, Honduras. I am planning a trip there, but not until June 2011.

Thanks,
Bagel In A Bucket O' Grits in Razorback Land!
Bob

Hello Fellow Scuba Enthusiasts:

Was just inquiring as to if anyone had any views Good/Bad on CoCo View Resort in Roatan, Honduras. I am planning a trip there, but not until June 2011.

Thanks,
Bagel In A Bucket O' Grits in Razorback Land!
Bob

I typically don't offer this advice... but SEARCH is your friend. There's a million threads on CCV resort in the Bay Islands sub-forum of the Central America board.

In short, CCV gets rave reviews from people that go back time and time again.

You'll see a relatively recent thread I started titled "Can Bonaire-type diving freedom be achieved in Roatan" or something like that.

Been there 3 times with DeputyDan and enjoyed them all.....could have done without hurricane Wilma but that was not their fault. :) If you want fancy or night life go else where, if you want a clean friendly place with lots of diving, CCV is perfect....man I need to get back.

By the way DD's avitar is at CCV.

June is a great time to visit the South shore of Roatan... any time March through September is the perfect time to find a very high volume of critters in the water column.

This area that CCV is in the middle of- it is unique in the Caribbean- it is one of the few remaining shallow vertical walls that is exposed to great amounts of Sun light.

If you want a dive vacation versus a vacation with some diving, CoCoView is your best choice on Roatan, and arguably in the Caribbean

Here gathers the nursery for the ocean. Night dives will show you swirls of almost invisible larvae... and those who consume them! Feed the corals with your dive light- make them fat!

It is "summer", the Ocean is alive in every cubic foot of water!

Last edited:
Bob: Our group from Chicago will be there June 18-25. Will you be there then?

Rob

I have nothing but good things to say about CCV... Have wrote about it before and will return as it will become part of our yearly rotation...!

It is truly setup for divers and you can spend as much time in the water as you like... Night dives, early morning catching the sun come up dives, do them all or what you like... Be sure to check out the top of the house reefs as many will miss this opportunity cause they spend all the time at 75'; really good stuff shallow!!!

lee

My 5th trip to Roatan will be in June. 4th to Cocoview.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom