Info on Oceanic Pro Plus 2 deluxe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone have experience or input with this model? Is there a good comparison in a wrist mount unit? I am looking for a good computer but am unsure with all the new models. I'm leaning towards a wireless transmitter although I'm intrigued with the Airtime Remaining on this model. Any advice would help.

I have also gandered the Mares Nemo Stainless wrist mount as well.

I have an Oceanic Data Max Pro Plus air intergrated that I have had for two years. I have made just over 200 dives with this unit and it works great.

After losing two dive watches I could not bring myself to buy a wrist mount computer. I liked the idea of always having it on my first stage.

I didn't go with the quick disconnect or the computer. This keeps it sleek and it won't come off without a wrench. I think it was about $495 from Leisure Pro.

Even doing tech diving I use this computer as a backup to my run tables and stop watches.

Jim
Louisiana

Shader:
Has anyone have experience or input with this model? Is there a good comparison in a wrist mount unit? I am looking for a good computer but am unsure with all the new models. I'm leaning towards a wireless transmitter although I'm intrigued with the Airtime Remaining on this model. Any advice would help.

I have also gandered the Mares Nemo Stainless wrist mount as well.

I own a Pro Plus II and think it is great! You will be very happy with this computer.

I went for the Quick Disconnect and Compass and was glad that I did. I really love the ability to remove the computer without breaking-out the tools. It makes it easy to keep the computer out of harms way.

P.S.

I think that Jim meant to say "I didn't go with the quick disconnect or the compass" vice "I didn't go with the quick disconnect or the computer" :)

many thanks for the input. This does look like a really nice computer after my comparisons and can see the point inlosing a wrist watch since I do that myself. I have 2 fossil watches I hardly wear in fear of breaking or losing them. Kinda like my philosophy with sun glasses. Cheaper is always less expensive to replace.

I am more liking the console unit and would probably go for the quick disconnect as well. Will this computer fit in with a TUSA RS-240 regulator or will I need proper tubing?

ScubaBoard Rocks!

Shader:
many thanks for the input. This does look like a really nice computer after my comparisons and can see the point inlosing a wrist watch since I do that myself. I have 2 fossil watches I hardly wear in fear of breaking or losing them. Kinda like my philosophy with sun glasses. Cheaper is always less expensive to replace.

I am more liking the console unit and would probably go for the quick disconnect as well. Will this computer fit in with a TUSA RS-240 regulator or will I need proper tubing?

The Pro Plus 2 comes with a hose that has a standard HP connector on the end. It should connect to any regulator.

My wife and I both have Pro Plus 2's and we really like them. I particularly like the big display and the highly segmented NDL indicator. It's also a lot harder to lose than a wrist-mount unit.

All I need now is the computer interface.

FengShui:
The Pro Plus 2 comes with a hose that has a standard HP connector on the end. It should connect to any regulator.

My wife and I both have Pro Plus 2's and we really like them. I particularly like the big display and the highly segmented NDL indicator. It's also a lot harder to lose than a wrist-mount unit.

All I need now is the computer interface.

I see the software is free but the cable is $99. Funny how computer dive software is sooo expensive when it really isn't complicated programming. I know this cable probably costs less than $10 to make.

Shader:
How much is the software and do you have to buy a USB cable as well?

LeisurePro usually has the combined software and cable package for $99, I think. You can download the software free off of the oceanic website though if you want to take a look at it.

Very well then. Thanx to all who have given me the positive feedback I needed in order to convince myself to purchase. Hmmm now what else do I need?

Back
Top Bottom