Information Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trekkindave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Folks,

I have just spend the last hour searching through the forums and googling my brains out trying to find a dive operator in Coz for our trip with the cruise ship in October.

I am trying to arrange a trip for 2 divers, and 3-6 snorkelers (with maybe 3 of them wanting to do a discover scuba trip). I'm going to contact companies directly for price quotes and to get my questions answered but I'm having a hard time finding web site and contact information.

I have a short list of companies (below) whom I am going to contact, if anyone can give me web sites, contact emails and other helpful information including sites which may be suited for divers and snorkelers I would appreciate it.

Deep Blue
Deep Blue Cozumel Diving: Deep Blue Cozumel

Scuba with Alison- Scuba Dive Cozumel | ScubaWithAlison
Dive Paradise- Scuba Diving in Cozumel Mexico with Dive Paradise
Aqua Safari- Best Dive Shop in Cozumel - Aqua Safari Scuba Diving in Cozumel
Scuba Cozumel- Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort - Cozumel, Mexico - Scuba Club Cozumel
Aldora Divers- http://www.aldora.com/index.html

With 8 people, you're basically looking to charter the boat. If you are doing that, you could add Dive with Martin to your list, they do charters.

You have links to all the websites- what else do you need?

As for sites- Columbia Shallow might be a good compromise; great dive, but shallow enough for snorkelers; but I'd let the op guide you. They'll know the best places to go.

Ditto on both the Boat Charter and Dive with Martin. Most operators won't take both Divers and snorkelers on the same boat - most dive sites are too deep for the snorkelers to really see anything, and the current will move at different speeds at depth and the surface. I would charter a boat and go to Columbia Shallows - no deeper than 35 feet, but a good dive, and the snorkelers can follow the divers from the surface - and maybe Palancar Gardens, another relatively shallow dive that will have something for the snorkelers as well. Dive with Martin can also arrange a Discover Scuba boat dive - I think they go to both Columbia Shallows and Palancar Gardens for those dives as well. Go to Home Page and send them an email telling them what you want.

BTW, Dive with Martin is very convenient for Cruisers - its shop is right at the shore end of the International Pier.

I suggest you drop the discover scuba idea and stick with snorkeling for those not certified. 8 packs in a small boat is a bit crowded but probably OK with only 2 on scuba. Some boats may not be able to handle that many so that number is important. Definitely go for Columbia Shallows. It is a good run to the south but a great and easy6 dive and snorkel experience. Probably the best snorkel site on the island. Any discover scuba takers would not have as good an experience.

Enjoy.

BTW, Dive with Martin is very convenient for Cruisers - its shop is right at the shore end of the International Pier.

Unless you come in on Carnival. Then it is the same hassle of getting to the pier and getting into security as non-divers. But not really that different from going out to the marina; so I wouldn't avoid them because of their location.

I read Alison's dive logs on facebook and she takes snorkelers on a not totally uncommon basis. Sounds like she often takes groups with snorkelers to Palancar Gardens.

Aldora does combo charters for the cruise ship crowd all the time, and Columbia Shallows should be insisted on-- but it does take a fast boat and lots of gas.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom