Information Received, No more Replies, Please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ibj40

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a Craftsman 5/8” combination wrench with what appears to be a unique design.

The open end has a rubber insert. It is almost like a flare nut wrench, but not quite.

I’ve attached a couple of pictures.

The identifying characteristics are the number 33056 and the designation “D-AB”.

I use it to remove and install the hose for my computer/console.

I am looking for a matching 9/16” size for removing and installing second stage air hoses.

An exhaustive search of the internet has revealed nothing, not even the wrench I have.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 43
Those speed wrenches can be problematic. I don't like them and of the hundreds of wrenches I own, you won't find one of them in my collection. Yeah, any 9/16" combo wrench would work.

Any 9/16" wrench will do.

Those speed wrenches can be problematic. I don't like them and of the hundreds of wrenches I own, you won't find one of them in my collection. Yeah, any 9/16" combo wrench would work.

I understand, I just liked the hand feel of the 5/8" version, thought I might find it's 9/16" cousin.

I don't use it often, or under duress, so taking my time and using it correctly isn't a problem.

So far, though, Internet searches have shown nothing out there, so will revert to Plan B.

Thanks for the responses, and no more are necessary.

Don't use a speed wrench they can be problematic.
He got that. However, he likes how they feel. There is no argument against that and it's why many of those speed wrenches are sold. I admit to owning many tools that others find problematic, but I find them to be useful. Live and let live. Dive and let dive. Wrench and let wrench. Unless you're willing to do the job yourself, don't micro-manage. :D :D :D

Don't use a speed wrench they can be problematic.

That's kind of a broad generalization.

I have open end wrenches, box wrenches, gear-ring wrenches, speed wrenches, short combo wrenches and more sockets than you can possibly imagine, (including a few of the vary rare, hard to find 10mm ones).

You select the tool for the task; (See mechanic's rule 632: "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail", [yeah, okay, so I made the number up, sue me]).

Speed wrenches are designed and intended to be used when you have very limited access to a nut, you can't get a box or a socket over it and you don't want to turn the open end an eighth of a turn, extract and reset it so that you can turn another eigth. They're not much good for final torquing, but they are excellent for that kind of situation. If you know a gear head, go ask them.

As for using them for SCUBA gear - a standard open end wrench, or even a good adjustable wrench works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom