infrared for uwatec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not just buy a small USB one from Amazon or Ebay? They are really quit cheap. It is a universal device that does not need to come from Uwatec. My Lenova laptop has IR built in that communicates with Uwatec's no problem.

Cables unlimited sell one on tiger direct for $20. That is what I use. It works great.

Must make sure to check the specs that a Mac is listed. Along with if you use Windows 7 that the device is compatible.

Reactions: Jax
The cheapo one I bought for $7 a few years ago happens to share the exact same guts as the official ScubaPro one. But JTrak is so far behind the times I still just fire up Parallels w/ windows 7 instead. If you are running a Windows VM you don't need to worry about Mac compatibility at all, the VM completely takes over that piece of hardware and you can use any cheapo adapter you can find.

If you pay more than $10, you're not shopping smart!!!

Now, I'm not a Uwatec engineer or anything, but I am a computer engineer and own four uwatecs that communicate via iRda.

You don't need anything special -- just make sure that your iRda device is listed as compatible with your computer -- If you use an X64 operating system, it's got to have an x64 iRda. If you operate a Mac, like Peter_C says, it has to list a Mac.

It's about the drivers, mostly, but also most new devices are built to USB2.0 standards and communicate better with the x64 systems when they are so advertised.

Look, I love Uwatecs, but think they are so wrong to charge a fortune for a rebranded generic device.

Back
Top Bottom